Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a mutually beneficial partnership in which urban consumers receive fresh, organic vegetables while sustaining the livelihoods and stewardship of regional farmers. In a CSA, the farmer pre-sells shares; the money goes to the cost of growing, distributing, and paying the farmer a living wage.
Members of the Ansche Chesed CSA have the option of purchasing vegetable, fruit, egg and fresh flower shares from Garden of Eve — a certified organic farm on the east end of Long Island. To further education and awareness of food issues, we also organize events and workshops for members throughout the season.
Garden of Eve has been partnering with the Ansche Chesed Synagogue for over 10 years to distribute local produce and build community in the Upper West Side. We were Garden of Eve’s first CSA and the very first Hazon-sponsored CSA in the country!
2019 Sign-Ups are OPEN!
2019 distributions will be on Wednesdays from June 12-November 20
- Swap Box: If there is a vegetable or fruit you just don’t want, drop it in the swap box and take something you would rather have. Do not take an extra share of something from the tables!
- Pick up hours are 5:30-7:30 PM at Ansche Chesed. Please do not come early unless you are a volunteer. We need the time to set up signs and supplies. Thank you for your understanding.
- Don’t forget to bring BAGS! We at Ansche Chesed CSA love our planet, and know you do too.
Latest News from the Farm
We are excited to announce that we have a new “Refer a Friend” program for the winter/spring season!
How it works:
- If your friend completes a sign up, you’ll both receive $25 in credits.
- The $25 credit can be used to purchase extra products.
- To purchase extras, simply add them to your order at the same time you customize your farm share box.
Like Garden of Eve on Facebook!